About KioskNg Money Back Guarantee
Most KioskNg sales go smoothly, but if there’s a problem with a purchase, the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered or get their money back.
Buyers can use the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee when:
- They don’t receive an item
- They receive an item that doesn’t match the listing
Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn’t reached, we can help.
Most transactions on KioskNg.com are covered by the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee.
Purchases are covered by the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:
- An item isn’t received or it isn’t as described in the listing
- A buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return within the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee timelines
- The buyer made the purchase on KioskNg.com via checkout or a KioskNg invoice with one of the following payment methods:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit card or debit card
- KioskNg gift cards and KioskNg vouchers
- The item was paid for in a single payment
- If the listing was a live auction by an auction house seller and paid by any payment method, the purchase is covered as long as the buyer provides a copy of the seller invoice and proof of payment.
- Items collected in person are covered, provided all other requirements are met
- Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
- Items damaged during local pickup
- Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
- Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
- Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
- Items shipped to another address after original delivery
- Vehicles, Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, Digital Content, Intangible Goods, and some Business Equipment categories.
When a seller lists an item for sale with an international shipping option (such as worldwide shipping), it may result in the item being sold to a buyer on an KioskNg site other than the seller’s original listing site. The applicable KioskNg Money Back Guarantee or similar buyer protection policy of the KioskNg site where checkout occurred covers a buyer.
When a buyer doesn’t receive an item
If a buyer doesn’t receive an item, the buyer needs to submit a request to report that the item hasn’t arrived. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and provide tracking information, updates on the delivery of the item, or a refund.
If the buyer isn’t happy with the seller’s response or doesn’t receive a response, the buyer can ask KioskNg to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of a successful on-time delivery to the buyer’s address or proof of collection by the buyer.
Information required to prove a successful on-time delivery is all of the following:
- Tracking number uploaded to the site by the seller before the estimated delivery date;
- A delivery status of “delivered” (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
- The date of delivery;
- The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or zip code (or international equivalent); and
- Signature confirmation, if an item has a total cost of N275,000 or more.
If we determine that the item wasn’t successfully delivered or collected, a refund of the full cost of the item and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or to the buyer’s PayPal account. The seller is required to reimburse KioskNg for the amount of the refund.
Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee.
- The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping
- The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box
- The item arrived COD because it didn’t have enough postage on it
The buyer is responsible for paying any customs and duty fees for international shipping.
- The seller overstated the value of the item, which caused customs fees to be higher
When a buyer wants to return an item or the item doesn’t match the listing
If a buyer wants to return an item within a seller’s return window or they received an item that doesn’t match the listing, the buyer needs to submit a request to return the item. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, or offering a replacement or refund. In some cases, we may automatically accept a return request on the seller’s behalf. If dissatisfied with the seller’s solution, the buyer can ask KioskNg to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the item listing, photos of the item, and any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can’t determine that the item matches the listing, if the seller has already offered a return, or the seller’s stated return window and policy applies, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.
After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, a refund of the cost of the item (less any loss in value, if applicable) and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or the buyer’s PayPal account. If the buyer arranged shipping or picked up the item, we may not refund the amount of original shipping or pickup cost. The seller is required to reimburse KioskNg for the amount of the refund.
When an item is returned to the seller
If a buyer is returning an item within the seller’s return window, the seller’s return policy will indicate who pays for the return shipping label. The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is the seller’s responsibility and, in cases where an KioskNg-generated return shipping label is used for the return, the return shipping label cost is placed on the seller’s invoice. You can find further details about reimbursements in our User Agreement.
When a return postage label is made available to the buyer and/or and the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won’t be refunded by KioskNg for the cost of the label.
Tracking is required to confirm the item has been returned to the seller. Signature confirmation is required for items returned with a total cost of N275,000 or more. If a seller chooses to offer the buyer an untracked return label and KioskNg is asked to step in and help, the buyer will not be required to provide proof of delivery or signature confirmation.
- The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received
- Buyers are liable for any loss in value of the item if this loss in value is attributed to a handling which is not necessary for the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item. The seller may deduct the amount of loss from the amount reimbursed to buyer
- The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing or at an address that does not result in a materially different return cost for the buyer
- The seller pays for any customs and duty fees on the returned item
- The seller is required to refund a buyer upon the receipt of a returned item.
When an item isn’t returned to the seller
In some instances, we may not require that an item be returned to the seller. In these situations, we refund the buyer and may seek reimbursement from the seller, for example if:
- The seller chooses not to accept a return request or provide a return shipping label
- The item location was misrepresented
- It’s hazardous to ship back the item
- The item no longer has a value (for instance, a ticket for a cancelled event)
Alternatively, with the buyer’s consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item the buyer received. When given a partial refund, the buyer isn’t asked to return the item to the seller. We may require the seller to reimburse KioskNg for the partial refund.
If a buyer reports that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we may not require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on KioskNg or elsewhere.
KioskNg Money Back Guarantee timelines
Item not received
- A buyer can report that they didn’t receive an item once the item’s latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date
- For event tickets, a buyer must report that they didn’t receive the tickets no later than 7 days after the event date or 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date, whichever is later
- The seller has 3 business days from the report to respond to the buyer with a solution (through either a replacement, a return, or a refund). If the seller does not offer a solution or the buyer is unsatisfied with the solution the buyer can ask KioskNg to step in and help
- If the buyer doesn’t ask us to step in and help within 21 business days of reporting that they didn’t receive an item, the request closes automatically
Item not as described
- A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller’s return window is longer, within the return window
- For event tickets, a buyer must request a return no later than 7 days after the event date or 30 days from the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, whichever is later
- The seller has 3 business days from the request to respond to the buyer with a solution. If the seller does not respond with a solution, the buyer can ask KioskNg to step in and help.
- The buyer must ship the item back to the seller within 5 business days from when the buyer starts the return. If the seller shipped a replacement or exchange and the buyer has not shipped the original item back within 20 business days of the buyer starting the return, we charge the buyer for the replacement or exchange
- For items where there’s no tracking uploaded by the buyer, if the seller doesn’t issue a refund within 2 business days of the item’s return delivery date, the buyer can ask KioskNg to step in and help for a period of 10 business days after the refund deadline has passed
- For items where the buyer has uploaded tracking, if the seller doesn’t issue a refund within 2 business days of the item’s delivery to the seller, we will automatically issue the buyer a full refund on the seller’s behalf. The seller will be required to reimburse us for such refunds.
- If the buyer doesn’t ask KioskNg to step in and help within 21 business days of starting a request for a return (or the timelines described if a refund, replacement or exchange isn’t received), the request closes automatically
Replacement and exchange
Replacement and exchanges can be requested by the buyer and/or seller. Exchanges are based on value of the original purchased item, with current and equal value. A buyer must request a return and select the replacement or exchange option no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller’s return window is longer, within the return window.
Timelines for replacement and exchanges:
When the buyer requests a replacement or an exchange the seller has 3 business days to respond to the buyer. If no response is received after 3 business days the buyer can ask KioskNg to step in and help.
If a replacement or exchange is agreed upon, the buyer has 5 business days to ship the item back to the seller with return tracking. If the buyer doesn’t ship the item within 5 business days, the replacement or exchange will be closed.
If the buyer doesn’t ship the return item back to the seller, and the seller shipped the replacement or exchange with confirmed delivery scan, after 20 business days the seller will be paid the value of the additional item. The buyer will be charged for this additional item via the buyer’s PayPal account.
Latest estimated delivery date
When we have no information about the actual delivery date, we use the latest estimated delivery date. When we have no estimated delivery information, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from payment date for transactions between a buyer and seller in the same country, and 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries.
Extended timelines for KioskNg Money Back Guarantee coverage
In some limited situations, we may extend the period of time in which a buyer is eligible for the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee. This extra time allows us to take into consideration the buyer’s location, the shipping service used, a seller’s extended return window, national holidays, or delays due to circumstances such as natural disaster, national emergency, labor strike, or governmental act, or other circumstances such as fraud. In most instances, when we extend timelines for KioskNg Money Back Guarantee coverage, in cases where the seller is responsible for requests opened during such an extended timeline, we notify sellers with an announcement on KioskNg.com.
Buyers and sellers have an opportunity within 30 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue to appeal the decision by providing appropriate documentation. KioskNg reserves the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if a buyer successfully appeals.
Refunds to buyers
We refund buyers to their original payment method. If a buyer doesn’t have a PayPal account, we ask the buyer to create one with their KioskNg registered email address to claim their refund. In the unlikely event that we’re unable to send refunds to the original payment method or the buyer’s PayPal account, we may provide refunds by coupon or vouchers redeemable for future purchases on KioskNg.
Seller funds, reimbursements, and fees
After a buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return, or asks KioskNg to step in and help, a seller’s funds may be set aside.
If a transaction dispute arises between a buyer and seller and KioskNg resolves such dispute in favor of the buyer, the seller authorizes KioskNg to reverse the funds to reimburse the buyer, and if such funds are unavailable or insufficient, the seller agrees to reimburse KioskNg for any amount KioskNg refunds to the buyer.
If reimbursement is unsuccessful, the seller agrees to allow KioskNg to charge their reimbursement or automatic payment method on file for amounts refunded to the buyer. KioskNg may place the amount refunded to the buyer on their invoice subject to their automatic payment method. The seller will remain obligated to pay KioskNg for all unpaid amounts and KioskNg reserves the right to seek reimbursement through other means. You can find further details about reimbursements in our User Agreement.
If a seller issues a buyer a full refund before KioskNg is asked to step in and help, we credit the seller’s final value fee. Insertion fees and other KioskNg fees aren’t refunded.
Using other programs to address a concern
Buyers can’t use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (KioskNg Money Back Guarantee or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue.
If a buyer requests a chargeback from their payment provider, any requests opened through KioskNg for the same transaction are immediately closed.
Fraudulent claims may include:
- A buyer opening excessive requests or duplicate requests using other programs
- A buyer colluding with a seller to misdeclare an item’s value for customs
- A buyer filing a chargeback after knowingly receiving a refund
Buyers who file fraudulent claims are subject to consequences outlined in the Abusing KioskNg section of the User Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend the buyer’s coverage under the KioskNg Money Back Guarantee.
- Buyers and sellers permit us to make final decisions about all cases, including appeals. We may provide buyers and sellers with access to each other’s names, usernames, contact information, and other information relating to a request
- When a buyer and seller don’t speak the same language, we may assist with communication until the issue is resolved
- The KioskNg Money Back Guarantee is not a product warranty
- In some situations, we may open and decide on a request on behalf of the buyer. This includes situations in which a seller is suspended for fraudulent activity
- We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the incorrect refund or reimbursement